Exactly 100 recipes to show advanced 3D programming techniques with the OpenSceneGraph API
- Introduce the latest OpenSceneGraph features to create stunning graphics, as well as integration with other famous libraries
- Produce high-quality programs with short and familiar code
- Enriched with a lot of code and the necessary screenshots
OpenSceneGraph is an open source 3D graphics application programming interface, used by application developers in fields such as visual simulation, computer games, virtual reality, scientific visualization, and modeling. Familiar with its concepts and APIs, and need to improve your knowledge? This book is here to help. With exactly 100 recipes, it will enrich your experience and take you to the next level.
OpenSceneGraph 3 Cookbook will escort you into the world of real-time 3D development with OpenSceneGraph, the world famous 3D graphics engine. The book assumes that you are already familiar with some basic concepts, and provides 100 vivid recipes to demonstrate how to utilize the API flexibly and how to implement some practical aspects.
The book is divided into 10 chapters, each of which focuses on one topic. Readers may start from any topic they are interested in.
The book includes customizing OpenSceneGraph, designing scene graph, geometry, scene navigation, animations, effects using fixed pipeline and shaders, managing mass data, and miscellaneous discussions. Every recipe will prove to be useful in a practical way or in research.
OpenSceneGraph 3 Cookbook gives you a wide insight about 3D programming using OpenSceneGraph, with a set of meaningful and interesting examples.
What you will learn from this book
- Configure and use OpenSceneGraph under different platforms, even mobile devices
- Organize the scene graph and customize nodes in a more effective way
- Create and edit geometries in an interacting form
- Manipulate the camera to view the scene freely and easily
- Animate rigid objects, vertices, textures, and characters in the scene
- Create realistic effects with traditional and modern techniques
- Integrate OpenSceneGraph with different libraries and windowing systems
- Generate and manage massive data all over the earth
This is a cookbook full of recipes with practical examples enriched with code and the required screenshots for easy and quick comprehension.
Who this book is written for
You should be familiar with the basic concepts of the OpenSceneGraph API and should be able to write simple programs. Some OpenGL and math knowledge will help a lot, too
Tags: "openscenegraph" "3d programming" "opengl"